Issues Tracker Site
CKEditor issues are handled in the CKEditor Developer Center. This is the website used daily by the CKEditor core team to organize and distribute the development workflow. It is also the right place to report issues.
Before you attempt to report an issue, please make sure you read this page and thus help us optimize the management of issues.
Please provide the following when reporting new issues. The more information you provide, the quicker the problem may be solved:
- Descriptive summary – A "right to the point" phrase that best summarizes the issue that you are having.
- Steps to reproduce – This is the most important thing. We are not able to fix an issue if we cannot see it with our own eyes. A numbered list of actions to reproduce the issue is invaluable.
- Browser name and OS – Your computer configuration, OS, browser name and version.
- Editor configuration – Your editor version, integration method, editor build (you can attach your
- Screenshot – For interface-related issues an image speaks more than thousands of words.
- Sample data – For content-related issues please attach a sample file from which we can get the text for testing.
- Test case file – If possible, attach a test case file showing the issue. This is the best way to show us the problem and make it quicker to solve.
When filing an issue, please bear these important things in mind:
- Submit separate reports for each issue. Do not include more than one issue in the same report.
- The "Priority", "Milestone", "Version", "Assign to" and "Keywords" fields are reserved for the core development team.
- Make sure you are using the latest CKEditor version. Maybe your issue has already been fixed.
- For a detailed guide on how to properly report a new issue go to the Ticket Specs page.
Reporting an Issue
Before clicking the following link, make sure you have read the instructions above!
If you are not a registered user of our tracker, take a minute to create a new account in the CKEditor Developer Center. Only authenticated users can create tickets.
This is it. Once you log in, you will be ready to report a CKEditor issue.