CKEditor Functionality Overview
This section presents a whole variety of features that CKEditor has to offer. It is complemented by CKEditor SDK, an awesome collection of working editor samples that present all concepts discussed here and what is even more compelling, let you download the source code of each example with just one button click, ready to copy and paste into your own CKEditor implementation!
The Functionality Overview section is divided into two parts, End-user Features and Integration Features.
This part describes features that are targeted at end users and affect their overall editing experience. Check it to learn about aspects such as:
- User Interface – Setting editor UI color and language.
- Editor Resizing – Changing editor dimensions and making it automatically adjust its size to content.
- Inserting Content – Adding rich text elements such as captioned images, code snippets, tables, mathematical formulas etc.
- Authoring Content – Working with text styling.
- Working with Document – Editing content source code or using document-related features such as magic line.
- Accessibility Support – Utilities that make working with CKEditor accessible for people with disabilities.
This part describes features that are targeted at developers who implement CKEditor and integrate it with their websites or applications. Refer to it for information about:
- Editor UI – Fixed and floating UI as well as sharing UI among numerous editor instances.
- Toolbar – Customizing the editor toolbar.
- API Usage – Using rich CKEditor API.
- Output Control – Adjusting editor output by setting the HTML format or making the editor work on BBCode.
- Utilities – Additional tools that make configuring and extending CKEditor easier.